Frequently asked questions
Your questions answered!
Your questions answered
1. I’m interested, what do I do next?
We'll keep you posted on the exact application process. Stay tuned! Follow this link to the registration page. We will keep you informed of further progress!
2. When is the Boezem completed?
Our current prognosis for completion is June 2022.
3. I’m a student, can I still rent an apartment?
Definitely! Keep in mind, however, that it is only possible to rent if your income meets the stated income requirements. A maximum of two incomes may count as a shared income. Additionally, a maximum of two tenants can apply for one apartment.
4. Are there any house tours?
Er zijn 3 kijkmomenten op:
- Donderdag 30 uni tussen 10.00-11.00
Schrijf je hier in voor een kijkmoment
1. What are the income requirements for renting?
For income requirements, we ask that your monthly income amounts to three times the renting fee at the minimum. You can count any holiday allowances or (end-of-year) bonuses on top of your income in this case.
Voor long stay: apartments we ask for a minimum monthly income that is 3.5x the monthly rent.
2. Can I use my parents as guarantor, if I don’t meet the income requirements?
At short stay: Using a parent as your guarantor is sometimes possible after deliberation. We review this possibility on a case-by-case basis.
At long stay: It is not possible to use your parents as guarantor for long stay options.
3. Are there any service costs in addition to the monthly rent?
Short stay: The monthly service costs amount to €175,-
Long stay: The monthly service costs amount to €85,-.
4. Does the monthly rent include heating, water and electricity?
That depends! For short stay apartments heating, water and electricity are included in the renting fee. For long stay apartments these facilities have to be arranged separately.
1. What is the minimal lease term?
The appartments have different lease terms.
The minimal lease term for long stay apartments is 12 months.
2. How are the apartments decorated / furnished?
The specifics of long stay apartment facilicites can be read by following this link.
3. How much is the deposit (if required)?
Long stay deposit will amount to the sum of a two-month renting fee
4. How many residents are allowed in one apartment?
One apartment requires a minimum of one, max. two residents. Children will not count toward this total.
5. Can I keep any pets?
Unfortunately, no pets are allowed!
6. Are there parking spaces?
Absolutely! The Boezem is equipped with 41 inside parking spaces. These can be hired for a monthly fee of €150- per parking space.
Four of these parking spaces belong to the eight long stay apartments.
7. Does apartments have their own storage space?
Yes, each apartment is equipped with its own storage space.
8. Does the Boezem have a shared bike storage?
Yes, there is a shared bike storage available.
9. How high are the ceilings?
The common ceiling height of the apartments is 2,60m. In a few cases the ceiling height is a tad higher.
1. Which documents do I have to provide?
Depending on your employment status, we ask that you share the following documents:
- (Safe) copy of your ID card or passport
- Motivation letter
- BRP excerpt
- Landlord statement / mortgage statement
Do you work in wage labor?
- Employer’s statement
- Pay check past three months
- Bank statement past three months
- KvK (Kamer van Koophandel) excerpt
- Profit and loss statement past three years
- Balance sheet past three years